Wooster Gaming Club

and the rest of John's Assmonkey Puppets

Published by John on 4/11/2003 09:18:00 AM


Well in my games Knowledge skills are class skills for Bards and Wizards, with the occasional prestige class wackiness. All classes that don't have Knowledge as a general class skill have to take this as a cross class skill. Before I spark any debate (argument) I rule this way because there are many disadvantages to playing a wizard. One of the biggest disadvantages is having search, listen, and spot as cross class skills. So not only do you have a few hp, and can't fight worth a damn, but know you can't hear, spot, or notice the piles of crap that would warn you of the monster that is about to split your head open. So if I let any "adventurer" take knowledge skills as class skills, then who would ever want to play a poor, helpless wizard. Similar argument can be made for poetry quoting bards. I have ruled and my word is law!