Wooster Gaming Club

and the rest of John's Assmonkey Puppets

Published by John on 3/20/2004 10:24:00 AM


Okay I didn't want to like the new Dawn of the Dead, I really didn't. But I'll be damned if they didn't make a good zombie movie! I guess I have only 2 complaints. First they have a botched action sequence where they are inside a building, then all but one of them in a sewer. Secondly there is not a bit of character development. This wouldn't be all that much of a problem if this movie wasn't based off of a Romero work. Anyone who has seen Night, Dawn, or even Day will notice that the characters are well developed and interesting. This is key for you to care about what happens to them. In the new Dawn they are all disposable, even the main characters. But this is what makes George Romero a fantastic director/writer, and others acceptable. The gore is acceptable for what they could get away with an R rating for. To top it all off they played a Johnny Cash song over the opening credits. Not your standard metal tracks (which do show up later). I found this to be very creative and cool (but I'm a Johnny Cash fan). I'm really looking forward to the unrated DVD.

Jeremy, Dustin, Matt--Trogdore is offically a Rancor handler now :) Now I have to wait for the little bugger to grow up. So anyone want to go baby Rancor hunting with Troggie tonight? Me needs more....