Wooster Gaming Club

and the rest of John's Assmonkey Puppets

Published by Jeremy on 4/20/2007 04:19:00 AM


John - You happen to have any idea when I should expect a call regarding that Library position?

Edit - Nevermind... got a call from the library today. Had a missed number from the film department this morning at 10am. Must have slept through it. Of course, my voice mail is still fucked up. I think I finally got it straightened out after about 15 minutes on the phone with Alltel.

I never should have left TracPhone. As much as Tech Support: India irritated me, at least the damned phones worked.

Can you ask Jenn who I'm supposed to talk to? I'll give 'em a call back Monday.

Farva - The parts came in for your Dad's computer. Got the new PSU and MB installed, and everything boots, so the chip and memory are fine. Windows is all fubar'd, though this is pretty much expected whenever you change a motherboard. (The old drivers aren't compatible with the new board, so it makes it crash whenever it tries to load. Can't even get into Safe Mode.)

I don't have an XP disk with me here at work, so I'll have to see what I can do when I get home. Though I think I ran into this problem last time I worked on that system. It uses one of those fuck-worthless "recovery disks" doesn't it- and not a real copy of Windows?

I think I had to back everything up, recover, then copy the shit back over last time you had me work on this machine. Which won't help at all, since the original drivers are what is causing the problems in the first place. And I can't just install using my disk, cause those OEM keys are no good with retail disks.

I may have to find you a cracked version (Yarr!) just to get this machine working again.