Wooster Gaming Club

and the rest of John's Assmonkey Puppets

Published by Jeremy on 4/26/2009 05:28:00 PM


It scares me that I recognized that as the Star Wars special from the paused shot.

So I've been holding on to some free rentals from Hollywood Video. Just went to redeem them last night before they expired, and came home with mostly crap. Their selection of Wii games to rent blows ass, and the couple of games I'd actually wanted to play (like Madworld) weren't even available. (Not checked out- just not there.) So I picked up two titles based on the name or cover art.

Castlevania... oooh. Sucks. It's some Soul Calibur hack bullshit vs. fighting game. Oh, and it's designed to work with Wii controls, so each character has a grand total of three attacks. Lame.

Ok, Rygar. Recognized the name. Remake of a 1986 Techmo arcade game. Rocked ass then. Now it is 3D, and a bit late. It's the game God of War ripped off. God of War did it better. It's not horrible, but I've done this already. And the Wii gimic is starting to annoy me. The controls are neat for a while- whipping your weapons around with the controller and all, but eventally it just gets tiring and the amusement is gone.

So I put in the movie I also grabbed. "The Spirit." It wasn't horrible, but it felt... hollow. It was a bunch of mediocre between the scenes Samuel L. Jackson was on screen. Playing an insane mad scientist with guns. Or occasionally dressed like a Nazi. or a Samurai. Totally worth it in that Snakes on a Plane kind of... 'meh... meh... meh... aw hell yea bad muthafucka! meh... meh... say what again! meh...' kind of way...